Hello all. Esta aqui. Esta aqui.
I guess I should have a better reason for my blog hiatus, eh? Can you believe me when I say that everything is good, I still love blogging, and I legitimately forgot? please 🙂
I forgot until not one, not two, but three ‘real life’ friends asked “hey, what happened!?” So, for those that wondered…HI! I am here.
Forgive the rambling catch up.
- I have not run ONCE since we last spoke. Instead, I have finally STUCK with what I intended the month of July to become and according to my last post (damn that makes it easy to find…) I have lifted, kickboxed, and drank ate stretched my way through July. I have become utterly addicted to these lifting classes and it seemed just yesterday I was complaining about being the newbie. Truth be told, I’ve been scoping out new gyms that have morning aerobic/lift combination classes to get my body moving in the am. “I could tell you weren’t using your gym membership during the school year” said my mom and well, that was because I was running so damn much. And look where that got me. I kid.
- So, I have been using a trial membership at another gym that has amazing morning workouts (6am) and a sparkling clean locker room and showers to get ready for school during the year. This could be a match made in workout heaven for me, that is until I hate 5:15 am wake ups. Since I have a temporary pass, I’ve run through what would be my morning routine a couple of times to check out the classes. So far so good. I’ll keep you posted on that one.
- The reason I am looking for morning workouts is because I’ll be helping coach cross-country in the fall after school.
- Summer school is OVAH and my room is coming along great. I used a few hours each afternoon to get my new classroom in order.
- I am going home to NEW YORK in a week (quite spontaneously) for a few days. I have not been home since Christmas, so it will be fun.
- I have been using my summer to RELAX. This has included hiking, baseball games, breweries/pubs/drinking…, movies, road trips, etc.! It has been great and I still have a month left. In addition to the NY trip, I will be finishing the Pacific Coast Highway North through Northern Cal, Oregon, and Washington. Last summer, my brother and I drove from San Francisco down the PCH to San Diego. It is time to complete it!
La la la….hmm. IT Band update. Since I have NOT ran for the whole month of July (:takesabow:), I have not tested the IT to see where it stands. I am in no rush to do so, although it would be nice to see ya know. I know without a doubt that the past few weeks were the absolute best thing I could have done for my body and I feel a noticeable change. Again, I love running, but I have not kicked my behind as much as I have done so in these classes. Things have been sore where I didn’t know existed 😉 And for this, I am proud of the numerous lunges, squats, and bicep curls that have entertained me. I even KNOW STEP AEROBICS. Yes, laugh. That stuff does not mess. I used to pass those classes and chuckle silently (as for some reason I have an image of when I’d see my mom and her friends doing the class when I was tiny), but I challenge you to try one of those classes then see who is laughing. Ha.
And lastly, I went for a massage. Let’s say that for an hour massage, 45 minutes were spent on my left side. No kidding. I went to a masseuse who was more of a sports therapist and she was very knowledgeable about this injury. I intend on a tune up once I start running again (or just because I want another massage. C’mon now, folks).
Although I want to come up with some lofty plan to get back into running, plan out my next race, and begin training, cheering on the SF marathon this weekend was amazing (you ladies did GREAT), but it also got me down. Maybe it was because I paid $100 for a race I couldn’t run? or because this is the race I’ve wanted to do for two years, but couldn’t? Either way, whatever is in store running wise, any decision will be made with a couple weeks/months of base building which looks like a fall race is not in the picture. And I am okay with that because I haven’t spent money yet.
Thanks for reading along. I promise not to take a month break again.